Admission And Withdrawals
- Students are admitted at the beginning of the first semester of the U.G. Courses.
- Application for admission must be made in the prescribed form which can be had from the college office on payment of Rs.30/-..
- Candidates seeking admission must produce their original mark list, qualifying certificate, Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the school or college they last attended..
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examinations from other Board/University should produce a Migration Certificate and Eligibility Certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University..
- Candidates for admission will be required to appear along with their parents for an interview with the Principal..
- Candidates selected will have to pay the first installment of Tuition fees, caution deposit and such other fees prescribed at the college office before they are allowed to attend classes..
- Any candidate found to have obtained admission by false representation shall be summarily dismissed and shall forfeit whatever fees he/she may have paid..
- Students belonging to SC/ST/OEC/OBC and KPCR should produce the community/income certificate without which they will not be exempted from payment of fees..
- Students shall not be given their Transfer Certificate and original qualifying certificates unless he/she pays all fees and other dues to the college..
- A student applying for the return or release of documents must have cleared all dues to the college..
- In regard to all matters connected with their conduct, the students of the college are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the standard of manners and behavior..
- Students are not allowed to enter the campus without the IDENTITY CARD, property worn on the neck..
- Students shall wear clean clothes..
- Students shall attend classes regularly and punctually..
- When a student meets a member of the teaching/non teaching staff of the college with in the campus or outside, it is a matter of politeness that he/she should greet him/her..
- When a teacher enters the class, the students must keep standing until the teacher directs them to sit down or he/himself/she/herself occupies his/her seat..
- Smoking, and Chewing pan are strictly prohibited within the college premises..
- Students are prohibited from making complaints in a body and, addressing the authority collectively. But they may make representations individually to the Principal..
- Irregular attendance, insubordination or insolent conduct to teachers or other members of the staff, habitual inattention to class work, obscenity in word or deed are sufficient reasons for disciplinary action against a student..
- Any student suspended from the college shall not come to the college premises during the period of suspension..
- Political activities are prohibited in the college campus..
- The students shall not organize or attend meetings other than the official ones in the college campus..
- The students resorting to strikes shall not enter college Verandhas or classrooms..
- Students should take note of the departmental and other notification displayed on the notice board, every day before they leave the college. Failure to look at the Notice Board will not be an excuse for omission or commission..
- Students are forbidden from making any mark on the furniture, on the walls or any part of the college premises..
- Any damage to the college property will have to be made good..
- No notice or appeal of any kind shall be circulated among the students or pasted on the notice board or any where within the college premises..
- Students are forbidden from bringing MOBILE PHONE in to the campus..
- It shall be competent for the Principal to expel any student of the college for reasons to be recorded in writing and intimated to the parent or guardian..
- An adverse entry on the conduct of a student in the confidential register . may debar him/her from receiving a certificate of good conduct and character from the Principal..
- Ragging is prohibited by law. Students shall not indulge in any such activities..
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each hour..
- Students shall not be allowed to leave their class rooms without the permission of the teacher. Late comers shall not enter the class without the permission of the teacher. Serious action will be taken against repeated late coming..
- During authorised free hours students should make use of the available facilities in the reading rooms or remain silent and work in their halls..
- Students are not permitted to absent themselves from class without leave. Leave application should be submitted to the Principal in advance in the prescribed form..
- Absence without leave, from class, for a period in a session (FN or AN) will be considered absence for half day..
- Application for leave should be recommended by the Lecturer in charge of the group in the prescribed form appended..
- Applications for leave on grounds of illness shall be supported by a medical certificate..
- A student absenting himself/herself from college, with or without leave for more than five consecutive working days shall report to the Principal before attending any class..
- A student absenting himself/herself from college for fifteen consecutive working days without satisfactory explanation is liable to have his/her name removed from the rolls..
- In the case of absence from any test paper or composition exercise the paper or exercise missed must be answered and the answer paper or book should be submitted to the teacher concerned before the student is admitted to the next class. Failure to do so will entail disciplinary action..
- A monthly statement of attendance earned by the students will be published on the notice board of the concerned departments. Students shall examine the lists and report to the Tutor/Head of the Dept, if any discrepancy is noticed..
- Students who do not have the prescribed minimum attendance without proper reason will not be allowed to appear for the University Examinations..
Rules for General Discipline in the Campus
Attendance and leave of absence