As per UGC guidelines, an Enabling Unit has been formed with Dr M P Rajan (Principal), Dr Sujatha S (General Convenor ,UGC Cell), Prof. Sasidharan , as Co-ordinator and two Govt Experts- Mr Ravikumar, Manager, Kerala State Handicapped Persons Welfare Corporation,Thiruvananthapuram and Mr K P Prabodukumar Programme Co-ordinator , NPRPD to monitor the activities of the unit The following activities were done:
- Identified 15 students.
- Conducted counselling sessions
- Steps were taken for the sanctioning the services of scribes for university exams
- Celebrated World Handicap Day and Festivals
- Training sessions on "Stress Management and the importance of Yoga" were conducted by Prof Chandramohan. at the UG and PG level.
- Tutorial meetings and PTA meetings were held monthly to assess the performance of the students and to redress their grievances. Feedback is done on a weekly basis.