As per the UGC guidelines a Grievance Redressal Cell has been established to identify the differently abled, socially, educationally and economically backward sections of our society.. The members include, Dr M P Rajan (Principal) Dr Sujatha S (General Convenor ,UGC Cell) Dr Viswanathan Nair, Co-ordinator (Equal Opportunity Centre), Sri Suresh Babu and Faculty members. Equality, accessibility and Quality are the three proclaimed goals of Indian Higher Education system. To Ensure equity and equal opportunity to the community at large and bringing about social inclusion the following programmes were organized:
- Organised Law Awareness Programme by Mr Radhakrishnan (Constitution expert) and Mr K Gopalakrishnan Nair (Sr Audited Officer, AG's Office)
- Academic interaction programmes were organized by dept of Chemistry, Zoology, Malayalam, Sanskrit and Philosophy.
- Conducted Remedial Coaching for SC/ST/ OBC/ Minorities
- Conducted programmes to develop Linguistic proficiency and Reasoning ability
- Prepared students to get gainful employment in Central and other services
- To enable them to choose teaching as a career, students were motivated to attend NET/SET coaching
- To inform students about the emerging professional trends and events, leadership roles and risks, a two day training was conducted by Mr Alphons Kannamthanam, Director, Institute for IAS coaching , Ernakulam and Mr Binu Kannamthanam,Faculty, Institute for IAS Coaching, Ernakulam on the 10th&11th December2010.
- Tutorial meetings and PTA meetings were held monthly to assess the performance of the students and to redress their grievances. Feedback is done on a weekly basis.