|1) General Section||2)Reference Section|
|3)Periodicals Section||4)Digital Section|
|5)Reprographic Section||6)Circulation Section|
C.Technical organization of Library collection
The arrangements of documents in the library are according to DDC (21st Edition)
Library follows AACR-2 for cataloguing documents.
D.Services and facilities within the library.
1.Lending of Books/Documentsi)General Books
Four books are issued to Post-Graduate students at a time ,one book for under graduate students,five books for Research scholars and fifteen books for faculty members.Books should be returned on or before due date and there exists a provision for renewal of Books.ii)Reference Books
Reference books are kept for the use of students and staff to refer within the Reference Section.
2.Lending of Periodicals
Periodicals and newspapers can be consulted within the reading rooms.Two such reading rooms have been provided in the campus.
Internet is provided in the library.Students and staff can make use of this facility to browse and get access to enormous www Resources.
E.Rules and Regulations
1. The library will be opened from 9:30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on all working days and there shall be a 30 minutes break between 12.30 p.m. to 1 p.m.
2. Students should produce the borrower's card to borrow a book.The card is to be deposited with the library on borrowing a book and will be given back when the book is returned.
3. Books borrowed by the borrowers shall not be retained for more than 14 days from date of issue.If the due date falls on a holiday the book must be returned on the next working day.Books borrowed before commencement of vacation must be returned not later than the third working day after the re-opening of the college.
4. The transfer or sub-lending of books is strictly prohibited.
5. Any book may be recalled at any time even if the period of loan has not expired.
6. Failure to return the book on the due date entails a fine of Re.1 per day of delay of each books.
7. Failure to pay Library fine due or failure to return books within the due date by a student entails loss of privilege to borrow more books from the library till the overdue books are returned and dues cleared.
8. The marking on books with ink or pencil,spoiling or damaging,underlining of passages,writing or remarks etc.on the leaves of books or on illustration,tearing of pages,pictures,removal of accompanying CD etc. are punishable.
9. If any book is lost,damaged or mutilated,the borrower would be required to replace the book with fine or pay such compensation as may be fixed by the principal.
10. If a book belonging to a set or series is lost/damaged and a new volume is not available,the borrower shall be required to replace the whole set or series.
11. Before leaving the counter,borrower shall examine the books taken by them and point out any mutilation or defect in any books,to the concerned staff and these defects etc. have to be noted in the Register provided for the purpose and initialed by him/her.Otherwise the borrower will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation observed.
12. It shall be the duty of the librarian and his staff to examine the books returned by the borrowers and take immediate action in all cases of mutilation or damage.
13. Strict discipline and silence should have to be maintained by all the users in the Library.
1. The students and staff can make use of the facilities provided in the reading rooms during the working time.
2. The newspapers and periodicals etc. lying on the table shall not be removed from the reading rooms or from the place allotted for each
3. Loud reading or talking in the reading room is strictly forbidden.
4. Any loss or damage will have to be paid for,by the person responsible for it.
5. Umbrellas,hand bags and other personal belongings including books must be left outside before entering the Library/Reading rooms.
6. Students should leave the reading rooms five minutes before the closing time.