The functioning of the UGC Cell of NSS Hindu College, Changanasserry commenced with the preparations for UGC XI plan requirements in 2006. A detailed XI plan proposal for the development of UG & PG education for the period 2007 - 2012 was submitted to the UGC in November 2008. We were be able to present the entire proposal very satisfactorily at the Interface meeting held at the Kerala University office on 12th June 2009 and succeeded in securing maximum allocation for our college.
UGC XI PLAN ALLOCATION HIGHLIGHTS
- PG Assistance allocation of Rs. 58 Lakhs to 11 Departments.
- UG Assistance allocation of Rs. 17 Lakhs
- Allocation under merged schemes 65.5 Lakhs including allocation of Rs.17.5 Lakhs towards maintenance.
- Basic Scientific Research grant of Rs. 10 Lakhs.
- Additional grants of Rs. 25 Lakhs.
- Grant of Rs.80 Lakhs for the construction of Ladies Hostel
UGC CELLS MEMBERS AND CONVENERS OF VARIOUS SCHEMES
Members of the UGC cell
1. Dr. M.P. Rajan Principal (Chairman)
2. Dr. Sujatha S. Dept. English (General Co-ordinator)
3. Dr. P.S. Gopakumar Dept.Zoology
4. Dr. K. Radhakrishnan Dept. of Physics
5. Dr. K.N. Viswanathan Nair Dept.Malayalam
6. Dr. K. Unnikrishnan Dept. of Physics
7. Sri. T.N. Chandrasekharan Nair Adm. Assistant
8. Sri. R. Sreekumar Jr. Supdt.
9. Sri. G. Gopakumar UD Clerk
10. Sri. K. Muraleedharan Librarian
|II. Schemes:-||Conveners||Sub. Committee|
|Entry in Services||Prof. N. Rajamohanan Nair||Dr. Suresh Babu (Sociology), Dr. Vinu (Physics)|
|NET/ SET Coaching||Prof. P.K. Rajappan Nair (Chemistry) , Prof. Gopikrishnan (History)||Dr. K. Unnikrishnan (Physics) , Smt.Sheethal S.Nair (English)|
|Career & Counselling Cell||Prof. R. Rajalekshmi (Botany)||Dr. Asha V. (Politics) , Smt. Priyadarsini (English)|
|Equal Opportunity Centre||Dr. K.N. Viswanathan Nair (Malayalam)||Dr. Rajesh Kumar (Hindi)|
|Colleges with Relatively Higher Proportion of SC/ST/OBC/Minorities Higher Education persons with special needs||Dr. K. Radhakrishnan (Physics)|
|Component 1||Dr. Sujatha S. (Dept. English)|
|Component 3||Prof. V.S. Sasikumar (Commerce)|
|Remedial Coaching||Dr. Sujatha S. (Dept. English)|
Department Level UGC Co-ordinators
|1.Dr. Sujatha S.||English|
|2.Dr. V.R. Jayachandran||Malayalam|
|6.Sri. P.K. Rajappan Nair||Chemistry|
|7.Sri. V N. Ramachandran Pillai||Mathematics|
|9.Sri. C. Balachandran||History|
|10.Smt. S. Nirmala||Economics|
|11.Dr. K. Mohankumar||Politics|
|12.Dr. Sarala nair||Zoology|
- Ladies Hostel
- Language Lab
- Digital Library
- Computer Centre
- Virtual Class Room
- Upgradation of the college website.
- Public Addressing System.
- Renovated the Seminar Hall
- Improved the infrastructure facilities of the Economics block, Chemistry block and Administrative block.
- Ladies Toilets.
Weak students are identified and remedial classes are arranged with the help of Guest Lecturers. Tutorial meetings are held once in a month for all the classes and grievances noted, if any, will be taken action.
The UGC NET coaching programme, as part of the XIth plan assistance was inaugurated by Prof. R. Prasannakumar, secretary, N.S.S. College's Central Committee on 6 July, 2010. Prof. P.K. Rajappan Nair & Prof. Gopikrishnan are the co-ordinators. 76 students benefited from the scheme.
Coaching for Entry in Services
Coaching for entry in Services for UPSC and PSC examinations was conducted successfully during 2010-2011. The co-ordinator of the scheme is Dr. P.S. Gopakumar. The scheme was formally inaugurated by Dr. K. Jayakumar (Addl. Chief Secretary, Govt. of Kerala). 86 students enrolled in the civil service coaching. A two month crash coaching programme for PSC Examination has also been organized.
Objective : This scheme is meant for students who are physically disabled or visually impared or mentally retarded.
Enabling Unit - Dr. Sujatha S. (Coordinator)
Sri. V. S. Sasikumar (Commerce)
Career and Counselling Cell
The programme of the career and counselling cell started with a counselling session to the new comers on 15-6-2010.
Various training programmes were carried out in relation with Computer education, stress management and personality development.