|> > >|
Department Of English
One among the oldest departments in the college the Department of English offers specialization in English language and literature under the credit based system. The syllabus under the credit system has integrated the conventional approach of exposing the student to period/genre based texts and literature of contemporary relevance .The department has 15 permanent faculty members.
- To impart a multicultural and multilingual dimension to the study of the English language and its literature.
- To promote the study of worldwide literature written in English.
- To enhance the understanding of how the English language is intertwined with the various cultures of those who speak and write it.
Goals and Objectives
- To develop the learner's understanding of interrelationships between British and other literatures and the relevance of non British literature in English.
- To enhance student's proficiency in English language skills.
- To equip students with the awareness and strategies needed to enable the study of English as a lifelong process.
- To engage in ongoing professional development with respect to both teaching and research.